Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Lesson Planning


I wish I had a penny for every minute I have spent planning lessons! Some times I feel that is all I do. If I am not planning, then I am thinking, talking, sleeping, or worrying about it. Although, I am lucky that my grade level works together to share the load of planning. Each person on my grade level plans a different subject and shares the plans. I am happy to report that I am responsible for the writing plans for fifth grade. :)


Currently, we are writing a newsletter article from a muckraker point of view from the progressive era. This will be published in their writing portfolio that is required by the district. The next requirement for their portfolio is for them to write a response to literary text with a focus on understanding figurative language. I was very excited when I found this lesson plan- Book Report Alternative: Comic Strips and Cartoon Squares. Students are invited to think symbolically to provide evidence of comprehension in a unique way. I am sooooo excited!!!! I think the children will enjoy the novelty of this assignment.


If any of you bloggers out there have any ideas, suggestions, or comments, please let me know.


4 comments:

  1. Good job! You are on your way. Planning is time consuming, but it will all be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids will love the comic strip idea! Our science teacher did that as a way to monitor the students' understanding of the digestive system! We both were so amazed at the creativity and level of thinking that went into their comic strips! Your kids will definitely be engaged with that activity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids will love the idea comic strips are
    always fun-I did this once for an activity for various novels we read in class.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I am a fifth grade teacher.

Welcome!

Please share your thoughts.

Followers