Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Pass Writing is 7 Weeks Away!!!
I am trying to think of ways to prepare, review, teach, reteach... Sarah Kajder suggests using interactive multimedia mini-lessons to review writing or content skills to customize student instruction and as an effective differentiation tool. Samples are posted on the web site for her book The Tech-Savvy English Classroom. It will take me a while to get one of those going because I teach all subjects. As for now, I can use the resources I have like Compass Odyssey which is a differentiated multimedia online program that is aligned with map data. I am very interested in building a class website. I have scanned over chapter 9 in the same text. I plan on coming back to this chapter in a few days to get started with a class website. I am sure it is not hard. I am aware that it does require upkeep and management just like my class room. In the mean time I will be thinking of ways to prepare, review, teach, reteach .....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Melissa Stephens
- I am a fifth grade teacher.
Welcome!
Please share your thoughts.
Yikes! Pass writing is coming to soon. Great Post!
ReplyDeleteI have been working with my 8th graders this past week on their PASS writing skills. We benchmark this week to discover the areas they need extra help in. I started by having them reword the 15point rubric. I was amazed that many of them didn't even understand how they were graded. If your students don't get the rubric, then they can't answer the prompt. I don't know about 5th graders, but this activity was a great starting point for my group. I also had them grade example student essays. They enjoyed being the "teacher." Good luck!
ReplyDeleteWe also use a bench mark test to prepare for student writing. We also use an inclass timed writing-a prompt made by teachers to prepare them for the writing session. We also use the student rubric and have had students comment on other students' writings using the rubric
ReplyDelete